:: University of Chester at a glance !
At Chester, students can get involved in a number of fantastic volunteering opportunities, Chester students have been involved in activities such as planning and managing charity events, mentoring young people and giving advice at the Citizens Advice Bureau. Student Ambassador and Global Guide schemes are very popular with many of Chester international students. What do they do? They act as tour guides at University Open Days; represent Chester at external events such as UCAS Fairs, assist at airport pick-ups and orientation events for new international students.
Students with good interpersonal skills can apply for a Hall Warden position. This is a sought after role for high calibre students and can be a highlight on any CV.
At Chester, international students can work up to 20 hours/week during term time and full-time during holidays, the City is ideal to fish for jobs. Chester Business Park is one of the North West’s largest and most prestigious business locations- homes to a number of multinational companies such as Bank of America (MBNA) and Marks and Spencer Money. In addition, companies such as Airbus, HBOS, Coca Cola Schweppes, GM Motors and Electronic Arts Technologies have large scale operations based in the immediate vicinity of the University. On top of that, Manchester and Liverpool can be reached by a 1 hour train journey.
:: Why study at the University of Chester?
- Highest ranked university in the North West of the UK for students securing a graduate level job after completing their course (The Complete University Guide 2013).
- Careers and Employability Department declared “world class” and awarded 5 stars by British Quality Foundation.
- Excellent record of employment for our graduates with a success rate of 92%.
- University Job: recruitment bank of paid positions at the University for students.
- Each year UoC find work placements for over 1,000 undergraduate students
- A wide portfolio of undergraduate sandwich business courses with 1 year placement.
- Between 90 and 100 employers visit the University each year for various purposes.
- Work relevant courses. Professionals from companies such as TATA, Bank of America, Marks and Spencer sit on the Chester Business School advisory board and help us design the curriculum.
- A number of jobs and volunteering fairs are organised throughout the year.
For further info visit University of Chester – www.chester.ac.uk